Fees & Terms
Tenants Fees and Expenses
Terms and fees subject to change.
1. Tenant Referencing Fee (non-refundable) - £150.00 and £75.00 for each additional Tenant.
2. Guarantor Referencing Fee (non-refundable) - £75.00
3. Holding Deposit - £150.00. On commencement of the tenancy, this £150.00 will be set against the tenancy deposit.
4. Tenancy Renewal - £75.00
5. Late Payment Fee - £25.00 then £1 every day thereafter until the arrears is paid.
6. Missed Property Visit Appointment - £75.00 (You will be advised when we wish to carry out an inspection of the property and it will be for you as the tenant to make alternative arrangements if these times are not convenient).
7. Final Cleaning Fee (if necessary)
At the end of the tenancy, if the property is not cleaned to the standard it was when it was let to you then you will charged for a final clean of the property. This includes general domestic cleaning, carpets if required and window cleaning. Cleaning does not include soft furnishings.
Studio - £60.00
1 Bedroom - £80.00
2 Bedroom -£100.00
3 Bedroom – £120.00
4 Bedroom - £140.00
5 Bedroom - £160.00
These fees will be deducted from your deposit.
8. Change of Named Tenant
If one person wishes to move out of the property and be replaced by another person then full referencing of the new tenant is necessary along with an administration fee. £75.00.
9. ANY OTHER CHANGES - £75.00
10. EARLY RELEASE FROM TENANCY FEE
1 month before end of tenancy – £110
2 months before end of tenancy - £210
3 months before end of tenancy - £310
If notice is given to vacate the property at the end of a fixed term or during the course of a periodic tenancy or an agreement is made for you to be released early from the Tenancy Agreement and you subsequently decide to stay in the property, you will be responsible for all of the abortive charges including advertising costs, refunds of application fees in respect of new tenancies (if applicable) and costs of erecting boards.
Landlords Fees and Expenses (Residential Only)
- 10% of the monthly rental income received
- A charge of £225.00 to find a tenant for the property, including advertisement of the property and preparation of the tenancy agreement.
- An inspection charge of £50.00 per property per annum. This will be charged as two payments of £25.00 at 6 monthly intervals (every April and October).
- A charge of £95.00 will be incurred if the Tenant’s bond goes into dispute or if the Tenants leave the property with outstanding arrears/without notice within their contract. This will cover representation of your case with the DPS
- Gas Certificates can be arranged for £65.00
- Energy Performance Certificates can be arranged for £95.00
- Insurance Claims can be dealt with on behalf on the Landlord billed on an hourly rate of £100.00 per hour.
- Arranging works - Payable where we are providing a management service and we oversee significant repairs/improvements. We will only charge this fee if we have notified you in advance. Payment is due on receipt of our invoice – 15%
- Arranging Inventory - cost will be in line with the Providers Fee Structure which you will be notified of before instruction. (Should you decide to have an Inventory prepared).
When all marketing, viewing, referencing etc has been conducted, if you the Landlord decides not to continue using Capel Homes as an Agent, there will be a charge of £300.00.
Where there is a Breach of the Tenancy Agreement by the Tenant, take all necessary steps to resolve the breach including the serving of a Notice under Section 8 of the Housing Act 1988, and report to the Landlord on such an event and on the progress, being made to resolve the problem (to serve a Section 8 notice there will be a fee of £90.00).
If requested by the Landlord, the Agent will prepare a Notice seeking possession in accordance with Section 21 Housing Act 1988, and serve it on the Tenant cost of £90.00.
Capel Homes Memberships & Guides
Capel Homes Ltd are members of The Property Ombudsman (TPO) which provides a free, impartial and independent service for the resolution of disputes between consumers and property agents. We follow TPO’s Codes of Practice which set the standard expected from property professionals. TPO’s Codes of Practice can be found on their website www.tpos.co.uk/consumers/documents-links
or can be requested directly from us. TPO’s service is free of charge to consumers.
We are members of the Client Money Protection (CMP) Scheme run by Client Money Protect, further details can be found on their website www.clientmoneyprotect.co.uk/consumer
Capel Homes is a Licensed Rent Smart Wales Agent, please visit their website for www.rentsmart.gov.wales